"It has been a pure culinary pleasure to be in the presence of Chef Alain in and outside of the kitchen. As a Chef and radio host, I have seen and savored flavors from all over the world and Chef Alain's expertise always has me looking forward to being in his kitchen. He has a passion for pushing the flavor envelope with ease. Your taste buds deserve to be pleasured."
Winner of Food Network's Extreme Chef
Award winning Chef Alain Lemaire is the Co-owner and Executive Chef of Sensory Delights, LLC and Arome Catering, both full service catering companies based out of South Florida and Haiti respectively. He is a native of Port-au-Prince, Haiti, where he first discovered his interest in cooking. Later on, he developed an increasing passion for food and foodservice which led him to attend the Culinary program at the acclaimed Johnson & Wales University. Thanks to his heritage and having spent most of his career in South Florida, Caribbean and Latin flavors play a major role in Chef Lemaire's style of cooking: "fresh, bold and in your face!" as he would say it.
Chef Lemaire has participated in and featured as a guest chef in numerous food events and festivals throughout the United States and overseas. Most recent events include New York African Restaurant Week, Grace Jamaican Jerk Fest, Journée de la Cuisine Haitienne and Taste of the Caribbean in Montreal Canada, Iron Fork Miami, South Beach Wine & Food Festival, Taste of Dallas, Taste of the Sea, A la Carte Food and Culture Festival New York, Haiti's Food & Beverage Festival, Dania Beach Seafood Festival, Boca Raton Wine & Food Festival, Colors of the Caribbean and much more.
Chef Lemaire was the winner of the 2017 Grace Jamaican Jerk Festival Celebrity Chef Throwdown. He has been inducted in the 2017 class of the Haitian American Chamber of Commerce of Florida Top 20 Under 40 and also the 2017 class of Legacy MIA Top 40 Under 40. The members are selected for their commitment and contributions professionally, socially, academically and personally. As a community of vibrant, energetic, creative and out-of-the box thinkers, the members are an expression of cultural pride throughout their community.
Chef Lemaire is also a huge supporter of education, giving back to the community and the less fortunate. He has partnered with Haiti Chefs for Education, World Central Kitchen and Easter Seals South Florida.
* Chef Lemaire along with seven other Haitian chefs cooked the first ever all Haitian dinner at the James Beard Foundation House in New York. The dinner was held on May 18, 2018 in celebration of Haitian Flag Day and was the chef's opportunity to pay homage to Haitian cuisine on a huge platform.
* Chef Lemaire is a contributor to Chefs Corner Magazine. An online magazine with the main focus on Haitian chefs and cuisine.
* 2017 Young Professional Top 20 Under 40 by Haitian American Chamber of Commerce of Florida.
* 2017 Legacy MIA Top 40 Under 40 black professionals in South Florida, Legacy Magazine.
* 2016 Silver Spoon Award for "Best Taste" at the 2016 Horseshoe Bay Resort Wine and Dine Experience, Austin, TX.
* 2016 "Best Signature Dish" at the 2016 Horseshoe Bay Resort Wine and Dine Experience, Austin, TX.
* Chef Lemaire was a contestant in Food Network's Cutthroat Kitchen in August 2015
and finished runner-up during Season 8 Episode 12 "Mo' molasses, mo' problems".
* Chef Lemaire represented Haiti at the 1st Global Traditional Cuisine Gathering in Mexico City, Mexico. Over 30 countries and all the major cities in Mexico had representatives in a three-day celebration of traditional cuisine.
* Chef Lemaire was featured among South Florida's best chefs at the "Chefs for
Obama" back in September 2012. The event was a fundraiser campaign in Miami
for President Barack Obama's re-election campain led by Congresswoman
Debbie Wasserman Schultz.
* Chef Lemaire is also a co-producer of Le Chef, the first-ever televised
culinary battle show in Haiti.
* 2013 "Best Chef" by Blackstreet Celebration Awards in New York.
Chef Lemaire's Top Clients:
- U.S. Embassy of Port-au-Prince, Haiti
- Haiti's former President Michel Joseph Martelly
- Haiti's former Prime Minister Laurent Lamothe
- Honorable Ambassador of Haiti in D.C. Paul Altidore
- MLB Star Yasiel Piug
- NBA Star Rudy Gay
- Arcade Fire - Grammy Award Winning Group
- Amaluna, Cirque du Soleil
- Raoul Peck - Academy Award Nominee Haitian Film Maker
- Joel Widmaeir - Renown Haitian Artist and philantropist
- Florida International University
- Haitian American Chamber of Commerce of Florida
- General Consulate of the Republic of Haiti in Miami
- Community Folk Art Center Syracuse, Annexe of Syracuse University
- Haiti's Ambassador in Washington DC, Paul Altidore
- Little Haiti Cultural Center
- Rhythm Foundation
- Boukman Eksperyans - Grammy Nominated Haitian Band
- Festival de Jazz de Port-au-Prince
Appearances and Features
Chef Lemaire appeared on several local and international news outlets such as:
- Miami's Local 10 ABC News
- Food Network - Global
- Syracuse Local 9 ABC - Bridge Street
- Radio Télé Métropole Haiti
- Radio Télé Superstar Haiti
- Global TV, Montréal and more...
Chef Lemaire has featured multiple times in several online and printed publications such as:
- Legacy Magazine
- Miami Herald
- Voyage Mia Magazine
- Miami New Times
- South Florida Times
- Pluriel Magazine
- Haiti Open
- NB Magazine
- Magic Haiti
- Lakol Magazine and more...
We will work with you to
create a menu that fits your
taste, budget and style
To provide nothing but
the best to enrich your
event and enlighten your guests